Call Us Submit Your Case 

Champaign Urbana Auto Accident Questions and Answers by Koester & Bradley


Meet Our Legal Team

What is a motor vehicle accident?
A serious injury or death caused by the negligent behavior or carelessness of another driver.  These accidents include motorcycle crashes, car collisions, bus accidents, pedestrian accidents, semi-tractor trailer collisions and rollovers as well as accidents involving drunk or hit and run drivers. 

I was involved in a car accident.  What should I do?

  • Call the police and file a formal report.  It is important that you get the other driver’s insurance information.  The police report will be very helpful when filing an insurance claim.
  • Seek the  necessary medical treatment.
  • Never say you are at fault for the accident to anyone at the scene of the accident.
  • Do not plead guilty in court.

The other driver’s insurance company called me.  Do I have to talk to them?
We strongly advise against making any type of recorded statement to an insurance company without counsel.  Insurance companies are not on your side.

The other driver did not have any car insurance.  What can I do?
Call your insurance carrier and determine if you had purchased uninsured/underinsured coverage.  If you did, you may be able to file a claim with your insurance company for any damages that exceed the other driver’s coverage limits.

Who is responsible for my medical bills?
Usually, the party-at fault is responsible for paying medical bills, vehicle damage and other expenses such as lost work.

How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
In Illinois, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. 

Call a Lawyer