Koester & Bradley Protects Car and Vehicle Accident Victims In Champaign-Urbana
Experienced Central Illinois Injury Lawyers
The car accident and trucking accident attorneys at Koester & Bradley, LLP in Urbana have provided representation to various injured individuals. We have also successfully represented the survivors of individuals killed as a result of the operation of highway vehicles including auto accidents and accidents involving buses, trucks, motorcycles, and bicycles. We also work with victims of accidents involving aircraft, trains, and off-road vehicles such as ATVs, snowmobiles, and farm tractors.
In addition to handling cases involving negligent operation of vehicles, our attorneys have handled cases involving the design of vehicles.
To best support the claim of a car accident injury victim, our car accident lawyers in Champaign-Urbana must be able to prove that the defendant caused the accident and determine precisely what happened to cause an injury. However, circumstances behind accidents can be complex and difficult to prove for many reasons.
Contact our Local Champaign Accident Attorneys Today
Do you want your lawyer to be part of your community? You should.
Car crashes can have a devastating impact on the personal injury victims as well as their family and loved ones. Adding to the stress of the physical injuries that accompany an auto accident, victims and their loved ones and family will be forced to adapt to a radically changed routine. Accident victims in Illinois can expect to deal with numerous problems including potentially:
- Navigating to and from doctor’s appointments, often without automobile transportation due to the car wreck;
- Undergoing painful treatments and procedures at hospitals and outpatient clinics for months or even years following sericeous car accident;
- Dealing with the fear and post traumatic stress from the vehicle accident;
- Negotiating with insurance companies and car repair facilities over expensive parts and repairs;
- Living in pain on a daily basis;
- Untangling the complicated financial web in which most accident victims become entangled;
- Dealing with insurance companies that do not understand pain and suffering and its impact on normal life.
There are Laws in Illinois that Make it Difficult to Handle a Car Accident Case without a lawyer
- Illinois automobile and vehicle accident comparative negligence law: Illinois contributory negligence law as it applies to Car Accidents, requires an injury lawyer to prove the degree of fault for everyone involved. If, for example, a victim is struck at an intersection at Springfield Avenue and Neil Street in Champaign, and the victim shares 50 percent or more of the blame, he or she may not be able to collect compensation from others involved. The Insurance companies all know this. This is why an experienced local attorney can serve a valuable role in making sure that an accident victim in Illinois never admits fault to doing anything wrong to an insurance company. In addition to driver negligence, many other factors—such as damaged or dangerous roadways or improperly repaired vehicles—can contribute to a car accident. A top-rated and peer-evaluated car accident attorney will be able to accurately identify all causes to determine all parties at fault.
- The Illinois Statute of limitations: In Illinois, the time that the law allows you to file a personal injury negligence lawsuit is two years for personal injury lawsuits (735 Ill. Comp. Stat. 5/13-202). This means that any claims that you may have from a car accident must be filed in court two years after the accident or crash. This is the same period of time if the defendant driver who caused a crash is employed by a company or driving a dangerous semi truck or other commercial vehicle. Again the powerful insurance companies know these laws and strive to drag cases out as long as possible in the hopes of not having to pay the injured party.
These are just two of the difficult and confusing Illinois negligence and car accident laws that serve to give the upper hand to at-fault drivers and insurance adjusters after a Champaign car accident. Add to the uphill fight that the injured victim also has the duty to prove their case in court, known as the burden of proof, and the stress level can become unbearable. Let Koester & Bradley take some work off your plate and let you focus on getting better.
The top-rated automobile injury lawyers at Koester & Bradley have substantial experience in working with accident reconstruction experts and various other experts such as experienced engineers and professional vehicle operators.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident, you need a competent and experienced car accident attorney to provide skilled support for your claim. Our attorneys have the financial and legal resources needed to provide a high level of support for even the most complex car accidents. Furthermore, it is important for the attorney handling your accident case to have local experience in the geographical area in order to fully grasp the facts of the case. There is no upfront charge for any type of personal injury case. We handle these cases on a contingent fee basis which means if there is no recovery then there is no fee. Contact us today.
Why hire a lawyer after an automobile accident in Illinois?
Like many other states, the laws in Illinois are easier for insurance companies to take advantage of individual residents and in particular victims of automobile accidents. This is why reliable data from studies has shown that individuals who consult experienced attorneys after their automobile accidents receive much higher compensation and monetary payouts than those who do not consult an attorney in Illinois. The insurance adjuster who may seem friendly when he or she calls after your accident is nothing more than one of thousands of insurance industry professionals who are specially trained to pay as little money as possible to victims in auto accidents. In fact, it has been proven through investigation that insurance adjusters are often compensated based on how little they can pay injury victims from automobile accidents. This is why, no matter what is advertised on TV, you are never in good hands, and insurance companies will never treat you like a good neighbor.
At Koester and Bradley our experienced auto accident team has been handling vehicle wrecks in Central Illinois from Danville to Decatur, IL to Champaign to Springfield since 1895. Your initial consultation is free of charge, and we handle cases on a contingency basis which means you only pay us if we recover money for your injuries.
What will your auto accident lawyer do for you?
The experienced auto accident lawsuit team at Koester and Bradley will fully investigate your accident by ordering the necessary government documents such as police reports, accident investigations or accident reconstructions, will consult with experts from fields such as mechanical engineering, medical care, life planning, and accident reconstruction.
We will handle your case from start to finish which is why it is vital to seek the assistance of an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will negotiate liens and medical payments with healthcare providers. We will help you coordinate your care with the best physicians in Illinois. We will work from the start to build the most persuasive and moving case possible with the intent of taking every case all the way to trial. At the same time, we will keep you informed of all settlement offers so that you can resolve your case as quickly as possible should you desire to do so. We will analyze the insurance policies and procedures that are relevant to your case including arbitration provisions and policy limits to make sure and no money is left on the table. We will work directly with Medicare, the United States Social Security office, and the State of Illinois Medicaid Program to make sure that when you settle your case with Koester and Bradley you are not left with any surprise bills.